Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 2 -The Battle Continues

Today's walk was better than yesterday's, but Gunnar still spent a fair amount of time resisting the leash.  Progress, but no overnight miracles here.  We spent a good amount of time playing in the backyard, and I know he was certainly getting tired.  House guest Kristine came in, and Gunnar began his jumping routine.  It took almost a half hour to get him to calm down.  Excited breathing, wagging tail, snapping jaws!  Eventually, he became accustomed to her being here and started to behave.   As the evening got later, though, the teeth came out.  He started snapping at me as I settled in on the couch.  That's game!  Rather than lash out and resort to physical punishment, I led him off to his crate for the evening.  Not sure if that's the right thing to do, but I think he was getting into hyper spaz mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment